The Pudding Ceremony was performed in our absence, but we were told that he enjoyed every last drop and swallowed just fine. We told the nurse NOT to wait on us and to give the man his first taste bud experience in 3 weeks as soon as possible for chrissakes. He still can't jump straight to water yet. I told his nurse that Daddy would appreciate swabs as often as he could give them and was told that he could have them every hour. Maybe tomorrow during rounds, the doctors will put him in for more swallow testing based on the positive outcome of the Pudding Ceremony. He should also sleep much better tonight at the end of the hallway on this less busy section of CTICU.
Here is a picture of the view OUT THE WINDOW in Daddy's new room.
Also attached is a picture of VAD training. We have to pass a practical and multi-page test as a condition of discharge. It's pretty detailed. The practicals are changing batteries and an emergency control box swap. The latter is a BFD actually. Our test is tomorrow at 1:00 pm.
Daddy's eyes were much more wide open when he was awake today. He still dozes off frequently. Apparently he can move to the 9th floor anytime depending on bed availability and the installation of his permanent Pacemaker/AICD but neither issue is really pressing or deterministic. He really enjoyed sitting in the chair facing the window for several hours today. He also liked watching Jaron & I time each other field-stripping the VAD and listening to all of our questions. We continue to be the most inquisitive patient and patient support seen by them thus far. Especially when Julie calculated the amps needed to run the pump on a generator in case of a power outage. And requesting a referenced section that was not included in our booklet. :)
As Dr. Kormos would say.....Leave it to you to ask about stuff that doesn't have an answer/exist.... Don't forget to put that in your book :) Which non-referenced section were you asking about? And why do I still wonder about these extraordinary questions when I am away??? I guess because I miss you guys...
ReplyDeleteThe mystery section may have just been not updated when they edited it. :) We miss you too, Nurse Jenny.
ReplyDelete