Tuesday, August 5, 2014

On the Upswing

Sounds like Daddy will be moved OUT OF ICU tomorrow! They were going to today but when they took the stuff out of his femoral (groin) artery, it started bleeding and he's on blood thinners, so they wanted to wait one more day.

He can talk a little, but that's still really difficult. He's also started asking for water again but that's not allowed yet. I've been reminding him to close his mouth so that it's less dry, but he keeps breathing thru it. They need to test his ability to swallow so that he doesn't aspirate and get pneumonia again.

I got caught up on business calls and paperwork this morning. Jaron is planning to go back to DC and back to work when Daddy is out of ICU.

He looks much less swollen and bloated from all of the diuretics reducing his volume. No more VTACs. His face is looking thinner, too, so he has probably lost some weight. He weighed 185 on check-in on July 6, then 170 while on the 4th floor a week or so later, and the bed estimated his weight at 163 last night but it was unclear whether that included some other stuff or not. It does include his VAD control box & batteries.

1 comment:

  1. The VAD bag probably weighs 5 lbs...I would think. I'm so glad that he's starting to recover!!!

    ReplyDelete