I took the commuter rail today again to come up after stuff in DC and picked up Subway sandwiches for both of us for dinner. I brought a bag and took down all of his lights and 4th of July decorations in preparation for moving to rehab.
MAP/BP is a little high so they gave him something for that. Had a CT this morning which must have looked good as we're now talking about rehab again. Kind of an annoying shituation this morning with Yet Another Social Worker (YASW) coming in and telling him different things. One this morning told him he might be transferring tonight, which I consider to actually be totally unprofessional if not cruel actually. Because the head social worker said it would be no sooner than Wednesday. Played lots of phone tag today about nothing at all as it turns out. Email sent to head social worker requesting that either we have only one social worker, or that multiple employees communicate internally so as to not confuse the patient and family and give us more to sort out.
Apparently they changed his driveline dressing twice today. We are concerned about "the ooze" not quitting. I have asked how he's going to manage that and his activity level when he gets home so that he can stay out of the hospital. Recidivism -- I just looked it up. That's the term for prisoners who commit crime to go back to jail. I told him that I wasn't asking to be a downer, but because I don't want him right back in "the joint" otherwise we might start thinking he likes it in the hospital.
They've started changing the driveline dressing multiple times a day since I was last here on Wed. They've been adding a silver thing with antibacterial properties since he got here (on 6/12). Of course changing it more than daily pulls even more hair out, which is his most favorite sensation EVER. Additionally it's hurting at his entry site, he thinks because they are just folding it over flat against his skin instead of putting some padding between it and his skin. So we're getting the nurse to fix that now. Update: that was definitely what was hurting. He requested a dr to look at it.
He did say that he is glad is head his not hurting anymore. Staples are out and it's just a little raised line area now, where he had the brain drain. Like 2" by 1/2" or less.
He's coordinating the plumbing project with (awesome neighbor) Dave. He's getting a whole house filter, which is really what it needs. His water needs to be CLEAN. New water heater. I guess they'll do something to flush the nastiness from the pipes, too.
Oh! Also, he left messages with the head and assistant to the head of cardiology at the Baltimore VA today. I texted him the #s last night after we got back from the airport. So that's cool. Happy, happy that he is doing that, as I was getting nowhere, because they need to hear it from him.
Daddy's message to the blogosphere: [censored] ? Hey! He's reading the blog, so feel free to comment.

Yay for "making headway" Daddy! I love you and am really glad that you're speaking up.... because they HAVE to listen to you!
ReplyDeleteYay for "making headway" Daddy! I love you and am really glad that you're speaking up.... because they HAVE to listen to you!
ReplyDeleteLooking good, Roger! We're thinking about you!
ReplyDelete