Friday, July 3, 2015

Party in Room 20

Tonight we had a 4th of July party in Daddy's room. Jason could join us and it was Jenny & Abby's last night. We brought grapefruit soda (Daddy's favorite), BBQ, and 4th of July decorations and confetti. Daddy ate 2 plates of BBQ. Score. 

Jason brought stuff to give Daddy a proper shave, and that turned in to shaving the rest of his hair off. I asked Daddy if he was really ready to do that. I need to remember to bring vitamin E cream tomorrow for his poor head. It needed to be done. It made me sad at first, but he really does look better being symmetric again. Abby & I talked in the hall about how different it made him look and that the reason we felt sad about it is because very sick people lose their hair and it would make him look sick. 

Jenny & I just stepped back while Jaron and Jason did the man-scaping. Jason is obv a pro at head shaving and the hospital gave us some trimmers. Jaron was running back and forth with warm wet towels and they got him all squared away. 

We swept up a lot of confetti, but they still called housekeeping to mop. Jason gave him the rest of the donuts. 

Oh, and Alissa stopped by this morning on her way outta town but he was sleeping. Daddy was bummed to have missed her! 

Daddy was pretty tired and we ended up staying later than planned. Tomorrow I will take Jenny & Abby to the airport eeearly and stop by to see him after. 

1 comment:

  1. It was a great party! I'm so glad that this is how we spent our last night here. It was very special.

    ReplyDelete