Saturday, June 20, 2015

The Plan

Jenny went home to take care of Life. Glad she came, because I really thought they were going to drill in to his head to drain stuff last Friday. Jaron, Julie & Jason went to visit Daddy today. Brought him a Subway sandwich for dinner and texted about 20 times about his specifications. The only thing I'm not sure about is the cheese.....

We are still getting different answers about antibiotics. How long, how many times per day, etc. Can he change it or does a home health nurse need to. They did install a pic line last night so have definitely ruled out an oral antibiotic, which sucks and makes things complicated. 

Monday Julie will get some shit sorted out. Apparently the person I need to talk to is his case manager. Then get on a plane for work and come back Wed. Jaron will pick Daddy up when he gets discharged early to mid next week. Told Daddy that if he could hold out for a day or two, that I would take him home on Thursday. In my big, comfy truck. He said cool. Previously, he was saying he would just drive himself home, F it. The doctors suggested someone could follow him home, but really it would be better if he did not drive. Julie has made the executive decision that we are not hiding his keys, despite much advice to do so. Can't cage this tiger, guys. 

Hoping to get the hospital to do a handoff with Clarksburg VA and make him an appt on Friday. Make sure we have IV antibiotics supply chain sorted out. 

Had some real conversations about REALLY not doing any work while this antibiotics thing is going on. Made sure he understood that there is not a conspiracy to keep him from going home. (I believe that people get to make their own choices on quality of life vs longevity, and he wants to go home. Jenny and I are on the same page.) I reiterated that while he always has a place at my house, I didn't want a grumpy Daddy moping around either. So if he could just wait until Thursday, I'd take him home then and not have to cancel my work trip. He wants me to go on my work trip. Told him I was not hiding his keys. He said "there's a spare under the radiator anyway." (See what I'm talking about?) Jason made a joke about bending all of his keys. 

Also, I'm going to set up the life alert thing at his house assuming I can find it. 

One other big item is that he was talking about a test required for transplant eval. I asked if this meant he was considering going down that road, and he said yes. I asked him what changed, and he said time. Thus far he's been avoiding the issue and passively timing himself out. He had mentioned this to Jenny on this visit, but not to me yet. So, we're going to Richmond next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment