Daddy is doing great! He's not having any trouble speaking today. No CT scan need after yesterday's. Before I got here, a neuro surgeon came in to speak with him and said everything was looking good.
I brought the requested snack of peanuts. In fact, when I walked in he was sleeping. I patter his shoulder to let him know I was here. He said 'Hi' and while I walked over to set down my backpack and he said "Peanuts?" I laughed, "Yes, I brought you peanuts today" and I took them out of my bag. He had the biggest kid-happy smile on his face!!! Nothing much else happened for a while. Just chatting.
At 4:30 his nurse came in to take him out for a walk. We took about 15 steps outside of the unit and she had us go back. She wanted to tell the rest of the nurses that they were going on a nice long walk. Daddy carried the walker the entire time. We walked over to the step-down unit that he'll be moved to on Monday. He'll probably be there for a few days. Then we took the elevators down to the main floor and walked over to the Greek place and picked out what he wanted for dinner. I'll go back and grab that in a little bit. On the way back he wanted to stop at The Great Cookie and buy cookies for all of the nurses! It was fun picking out 40 cookies for day and night shift. Then he walked all the way back to the ICU. We stopped at the front and shared the cookies. One of the nurses made an announcement over the intercom that "Room 4 and family brought cookies for the staff." Then almost like a herd of PNL employees running for pizza....the nurses came around corners and out of rooms to get these delicious cookies. I ate a cranberry orange cookie on our way back to ICU.
Next will be dinner and a visit from some local family/friends. Daddy and I plan to watch a movie while we eat our Greek dinners. I'm sure the information about planc and projections will increase tomorrow once the weekday doctors/teams are back.
Daddy will work on making some phone calls to family as he can. That annoying dry cough has set in again while at the hospital making it hard for him to do any talking. Love to you all and thanks for your thoughts, prayers, and love.
YAY!!! Yay for the walk, no trouble talking, cookies, and moving to stepdown on Monday. Woo hoo!
ReplyDelete