Last night Daddy kept saying the ice chips would taste much better if they had cherry syrup on them. We also reminded him that last summer he kept begging for lemonade....leeemonaaaade... I stopped by the store on my way to the hospital today and picked up some cherry flavored Kool-Aid water enhancer. I also picked up some salad bar fruit in hopes that he's be able to eat today.
When I arrived, his nurse told me that the CT scan they just did looked good. It was the same as yesterday, but no worse. They approved him to eat and had just ordered a lunch try. I gave him the fruit and he ate it all up as his lunch tray arrived. He ate all of that too. BBQ chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, turnip greens (just a few bites), and a biscuit. Oh, and of course the cherry flavoring in his water. That hit the spot. I forgot the peanuts though...Julie and Jaron will bring those when they arrive later.
Daddy's speech is getting much better. He's not stumbling over words and making sounds different than the words he's trying to say, like he was last night. Very few mistakes since I've been here today. He does do better when he thinks carefully about what he's trying to say. He's napping now. They are still doing neuro checks on him each hour. Blood pressure was a little low, but he says he feels fine. Nurses are just keeping an eye on him....as they do in the CSICU.
No comments:
Post a Comment