Monday, June 15, 2015

Steppin' Down!

Daddy moved to Cardiac Step Down today! From ICU. He can get up (with assistance) and has a telemetry EKG instead of being tied to the bed now. Also, he only gets neuro-checks every 4 hours now. I went to see him from like 2:45-7ish today and he was talking just fine. Coughing though. Plans to call Rick and Chuck when not coughing. 

Anyway, just a quick note to say things are definitely headed uphill. Jenny has some good pictures that we will get up on the blog soon. The app is not working from her phone. They did not say anything more specific than that the CT scan showed "stable". I'm still interested in the size in mm and left a list of questions as well as a recap of the timeline with dates. 

I also showed Daddy the clip from Star Trek 4 when Chekov had an epidural hematoma. (Posted to FB) He thought that was pretty funny. I referenced the movie at Daddy's intake at the local ER when the doc said he had a subdural hematoma. This is also called a bleeding stroke vice a clot/embolic stroke. Have not yet had the emotional energy to write about the rest of Friday. Someday. Caught Daddy up on some things from Friday. He did say that he knew he was not getting thru to Mike on the phone, and that Mike hung up on him (and them called me). 

I think he was sort of in shock, bc before and after he realized what was going on, his facial expressions and mannerisms showed that he had cognizance. That, and the cuss words! I'm going to ask the neurosurgeon why it might be that cuss words were never garbled. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment