This morning I gave kisses & hugs to Abby, Ashley, Madison, Ryan, & Phillip as they dropped me off at the airport. I boarded a plane with quite a few Steelers fans dressed up. I found out there was a game Sunday. The season opener. Yes....I was flying to Pittsburgh to surprise my dad!
I took Super Shuttle to the VA Hospital & got checked in to stay at Fisher House again. Then I climbed in the back of a police cruiser for a quick ride to Fisher House. Well, I didn't ride in the back but it sure beat walking with luggage. Fixed some left over lasagna & salad for a late lunch. Unpacked part of my bag & walked to the rehab hospital.
I took a short selfie video of my entrance into Daddy's room. He wasn't sure if he was dreaming or not and asked what I was doing there. I told him I was there to help with him being released from rehab next week. It was so great to have pulled off such a meaningful surprise. When I figure out how to post the video, I will add it.
I brought some of Daddy's favorite grapefruit soda from the Spanish store in Tejas. We drank that while eating leftover popcorn.
Today was a 'day off' from PT and OT. Sunday morning a small team will evaluate (watch) him maneuver around his room on his own. The goal is for Daddy the get his Green Card. Not only will he be aloud to stay in the country, but he'll be able to stand up without there being a nurse present.
Then there is PT family training followed by OT before & after lunch. Monday, I will be meeting with a Senior VAD Engineer to start working on becoming VAD certified. I will also learn gow to change the drive line dressing sometime.
Yay! You can post the video from the computer. There's a video button when you edit the post. Glad you made use of the popcorn!
ReplyDelete