Daddy has been discharged! We are staying at the Fisher House tonight (Wednesday). Then the VA will pick us up in Pittsburgh and take us TO DADDY'S HOUSE in West Virginia tomorrow. He will have blood drawn on Friday, and maybe Monday to check his INR. I don't remember what that stands for, but it the speed that his blood clots. Depending on that number, they could adjust his blood thinner dosage.
We will go back to Pittsburgh UPMC for a 1-week follow up appointment next Wednesday. Then onward to Julie's house for hibernation....er...ahh...winter and more recovery.
Julie has been working like a magician getting things organized, lined up, scheduled, making a million phone calls, setting up home health care, and more things that I don't remember or know about. Julie is awesome!!
Oh...p.s...Daddy and I got a ride from the PITT University Police who took us to Fisher House from the hospital. He sat in the front and I sat in the back. It's way uncomfortable back there!!! Plastic seats...no plush cushions. That's the first time I've been in the back of a police car. Remember kids....don't get arrested!
Oh...p.s...Daddy and I got a ride from the PITT University Police who took us to Fisher House from the hospital. He sat in the front and I sat in the back. It's way uncomfortable back there!!! Plastic seats...no plush cushions. That's the first time I've been in the back of a police car. Remember kids....don't get arrested!
No plush cushions! That's unconstitutional! Aaaand more sanitary.
ReplyDeleteSweet Jesus, that is the first time I've seen him genuinely happy since before this shitstorm started TEN WEEKS AGO. And we're ALL ACTUALLY going to make it. Wow.
ReplyDelete