Jaron & I got a lot of stuff done this weekend. Daddy now has a handy-capable bathroom, a home office, a bed frame to make it easier to stand up from bed, and proper lamps in both rooms. What is up with this part of the country not having overhead lights installed in rooms? I have bought so many lamps both times we've lived in the DC area.
I also cleared stuff out of the closet in Daddy's room and put some medical supplies for his weekly dressing change in there. Jaron carried a small table up into the room that will be Daddy's home office after I cleared some stuff out of there to make room, and found places for the stuff that previously lived on the table. I plugged his computer in, found an extra surge protector for him, and moved all of his paperwork, mail, and the boxes of tax receipts in there. Oh, and a chair, too. So, Turbine Engine Management will be open for business from there.
This week I have eye appts on Monday & Tuesday after which I will be temporarily blind from getting my eyes dilated. I still need to do some meal planning and get groceries and take care of a few other random things before Daddy & Jenny arrive on Wednesday.
For his first meal here, I'm making oven fried chicken per the recipe from my Comfort Food Makeovers cookbook, since Daddy requested fried chicken. I did a test run last week and it was pretty good, although I think I will use drumsticks next time for more flavor. You use cornflakes in the batter and bake it in the oven instead of deep frying. It was pretty good! There are recipes for some of his other favorite foods in there, too, and we'll give 'em a try. Sloppy Joes, and...I can't remember what else. I also ordered a healthy cookbook from America's Test Kitchen. Their recipes always work. IF only I can follow them! Following directions is hard.
Maybe there will be some peanut butter pie left for Jenny & Daddy. Better hurry!
No comments:
Post a Comment