Sunday, November 8, 2015

Daddy Sounds Really Good

"Everyone is Still Alive" is already taken as a blog title. :) Actually, I think this one is, too. 

I talked to Daddy for quite a while the other night. He sounds really good! Excited about home projects and talking about stuff he's reading about and watching documentaries about. In particular, we had a long discussion about CMEs (Coronal Mass Ejections) and how it has fried the electric grid in the past. He goes "I'm interested, because now I really need electricity". I laughed so hard! Of course that's why he's interested! Discussed possible house surge protector, and possible surge protector for his base station. Something more robust than a typical computer surge protector. 

Jaron & I are going to visit for Thanksgiving. He enjoyed seeing Jenny & Phillip. Sounds like they were all busy working on stuff the entire time! 

Daddy is signed up for a remote LVAD checkup system. We were going to donate an ipad, but it sounds like there's a PC option, too. Will bring it anyway and make sure I get that set up when we visit. They scheduled him for January, but there will be ice and snow then. 

Oh, at that appt in Oct, apparently the CKB VA can't transport him somewhere they don't have a contract. So either Daddy continues to get himself to Baltimore, or he transfers back to UPMC (Pittsburgh). He said he is happy with UMMC (Baltimore). But in an emergency they would send him to PIT. And financial authorization will come up next year for out-of-network care (UMMC). What a goddamn mess. And Richmond/transplant program/in-network LVAD maintenance has gotten totally lost in all of this fuck-fuck. (Tell us how you really feel, Julie?)

Daddy's message to the Blogosphere: Everything is great. 

Love to you all. 

Julie/Jenny/Jaron/Phillip/Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment