Thursday, December 18, 2014

118 Miles per Hour

Jaron was playing around with the GPS in my truck and saw that the maximum speed was 118 mph. Now, I'm not the only one who drives my truck. NOR am I the one in this relationship known for speeding. But, I will admit that there were two times when I may have gone that fast. And really, when Jaron wants to go fast he has his Camaro with a low profile and super-sensitive steering.

The first time was when Daddy went back in to the OR because of VTACs a few days after his big operation when they implanted the LVAD. The second was when he went back to the OR a month or so later because of the internal bleeding where the top of his left lung was "nicked", probably from when they put in the LVAD. In both of these cases I had gone home because he was doing well, so was definitely frazzled while rushing back.

Now that I'm going on business trips to Pittsburgh (more on that later!), it takes a solid 5 hours to drive there including one gas/pit stop. Jaron made it in less than 4 one time (the first event mentioned above). My best speed had me there in 4:15. I just logged mileage for my business trip -- just over 250 miles. That's Jaron going an average of 62.5 mph in a Camaro (V8) the entire time, and me going an average of 58.8 mph in an F-150 (V6). What does that mean when one includes a gas or pit stop plus some city driving on both ends? And the glorious stoplight in Breezewood?

1 comment:

  1. Also, that GPS is only 6 mo old and has not been in another vehicle.

    ReplyDelete