Monday, March 9, 2015

Wheels up!

Friday night, Skip and Jason came over to see Daddy off. Jason brought him some popcorn and we played Cards Against Humanity. 

After a late night of packing and loading Saturday, Jaron & I awoke to pitter patter on Sunday. Got Daddy packed the rest of the way up and he was outta there. Then Jaron & I ran around the house naked. True story. Not because we ever used to, but just because we could. 

I heard from him at about 5pm Sunday that he had an easy drive and was resting up in a hotel in Fairmont, WV. Jenny & Abby were meeting him there after some kind of crazy travel adventure. That way they could run some errands, like getting food, before going back to a house that's been largely unoccupied for 8 months. 

We were teasing that he was ending a tour of deployment. And, high fives to him, Jaron & I for living together for almost 6 months. 

I printed off the blog for him. He needs to be able to answer questions at appts such as "why didn't they do this before you got the LVAD?". I started with like 10 pages and he goes, wow, that's a lot. I said Ha! That's the first week. Then I looked through it and told him it was the first two days. Every time I stapled together a month he was sputtering like what!? There's more? I had to split July in to 4 parts. And I have a good stapler. 

Daddy said he was going to do the following as soon as he rolled up at Wild Berry Hollow Farm: first, kiss the ground. Second, take a whiz in the creek. And then pop off some rounds. I called tonight at about 7:30 pm Monday and Abby told me that Grandpa said it was too cold to kiss the ground. Really!? 

Enjoy being home, Daddy. Jenny & Abby are there to help him get settled in. His truck needs a new battery and he needs fresh gas in his reservoirs so that he can run the generator in case of a power outage (like there apparently was last week). 

Julie is in Pittsburgh for work this week, and Jaron has Casa Ard all to himself. I called tonight to say hi and almost asked what Daddy was up to. Then I called the house and got the story from Abby. 













No comments:

Post a Comment